Embarking On Your Leadershp Journey
“Leadership is a journey, not a destination. It is a marathon, not a sprint. It is a process, not an outcome.” — John Donahoe, president of eBay
Leadership is not a state, it’s a journey. Which is why, the Institute for Generative Leadership covers all levels of the leadership journey, including self-management and leadership of others by growing the value of the promises you make and fulfill in the world.
- We support you to become your best as a leader, and then continue to grow
- You go beyond just conceptual learning to action learning
- You develop your capacity to create more valuable futures for yourself and others
- You learn experientially through working with your actual work and life commitments
Just Do It: The Art Of Putting Knowledge Into Action.
A New Guinea proverb that states, ‘Knowledge is a rumor until it is in the muscle’. We can’t agree more. After all, knowledge, till it is not put into action, is of limited or no use.
In the beginning of the program, we’ll ask you to put down what precisely you want to achieve over a period of 11 months. Through this duration, the entire learning will be focused on you achieving this result that you have declared. The coach and your learning team will support you in generating that result which matters to you.
This is called action learning (You learn in action).
Why The CEO Program?
- Acquire new knowledge
- Learn about your blind spots
- Participate in regular practices over the course of the 11 months that help you shift your embodiment
- Work with a group of like-minded people who support you to generate results
- Be coached in a group by an experienced professional
- Most importantly, generate results that take you to the next level
This is no standard program. This program is about action that generates results. It’s a program that introduces new practices, that when followed, give you unprecedented results.
The promise of this program is, if done the way it is meant to be done:
- As a business owner receive frameworks, practices, and skills that drive higher sales turnover.
- As a leader in an organization, you will see what is missing, the knowledge of which will give you opportunities for new actions leading to new results.
- Be the cause of energizing moods in your organization.
- Better manage your time and commitments leading to greater work-life balance.
- Manage and co-ordinate action effectively reducing cost and enhancing your profits.
- Generate new possibilities for the future, on an ongoing basis.
How Does The Program Work?
- Conferences: The way the program works is that you attend a 3-day conference every 4 months. This is where your conceptual learning takes place.
- Leadership Practices: The real learning takes place in the application of what is leant in your organization setting. You will be provided with learning papers and practices.
- Learning Groups: Learning groups are formed of 5-6 participants. Each member supports the learning of the group.
- Group Coaching: Every fortnight (once every 2 weeks), there is a group coaching call scheduled to support you in the application of the learning.
The term ‘dojo’ derives from the traditional Japanese arts. It means the “place of training”. It’s origin is from the Sanskrit word ‘bodhimanda’, which translates to the ‘place of awakening’. A dojo is then a place to awaken to and learn new ways of being in the world. It is remarkable to think that as long as human beings have recorded their history – for more than 5000 years – there are references to places of gathering together to learn and to “wake up”*.
While, you will become aware of new knowledge in this program in a place we call the “dojo”, we invite you to consider where ever you are in your life as your dojo.
Because ‘the place of awakening’ does not need an address. Where ever you practice, becomes your dojo.
*The Leadership Dojo by Richard Strozzi Heckler
Your New Mirror
The role of the mirror is to show people what they cannot see, the reflection of the mirror makes it easier to be acquainted with their physical self. The job of a coach is that of a mirror- he enables you to see what you cannot see on your own.
Session By International Leaders And Coaches
Through the duration of the 11 months, we will invited experts and coaches from the field of generative leadership to interact with all of you program participants. These sessions will be conducted as webinars and will expose you to interesting and new topics in this area.
CREATING EXCELLENCE IN ORGANIZATIONS
- Managing your cares
- Managing Action Practice
- Managing Capacity
- The Anatomy of Action and Result
- Designing Winning Games
- Making Strategy Work
- The Power of Not Knowing
- Declaring Breakdowns – a deeper insight
- Teams and Team Leadership
CREATING EXCELLENCE IN ORGANIZATIONS
- The Constitutive Conversations of Teams
- Building Trust
- Generative Negotiation
- Making Offers of Value
- Value and Waste
- Planning as Inventing the Future
- Core Competencies of Management
- The Body of a Leader
- Project: Deliver the results you declare at the start of the program.
About Our Program Leader
You are always only one conversation away from creating a new future
- Founder Director, Institute for Generative Leadership, India
- Founder, Gift Your Organ Foundation
- Author of Declaring Breakdowns-Powerfully creating a future that matters, through 6 simple steps published by Sage Publishing. This book went into its second reprint within the first week of being available in the market
- Over 25 years of experience in the field of management and leadership education
- Worked with program participants from over 52 different countries
- Conducted programs for senior teams within organizations such as Mercedes Benz, John Deere, Siemens, NetApp, T-Systems, BMC, Persistent Systems, Schaeffler Group amongst many other global and Indian organizations
- Leadership faculty member for the Naval Higher Command Course at the Naval War College
- Lead institutions in India and the UK, and worked with top global universities from the US and the UK
- Awarded the MSME (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) Super Tycoon award by ASSOCHAM, Karnataka Council and the Government of Karnataka
I believe, from the leadership perspective, the next big thing after disruptive thinking would be to actively “declare breakdowns”.
Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
Chairman & Managing Director, Biocon
Too many of us—leaders, managers, even youngsters—get trapped into the flow of the routine. In Declaring Breakdowns, Sameer Dua provides a how-to manual that—through examples and anecdotes, combined with a theoretical underpinning—presents a way out.
Highly recommended reading for anyone who wants to change their life and create a new future.
Former President, NASSCOM
Sameer’s book talks about the need for all of us to look at the future, see the default future that we are gliding towards and declare a breakdown in case you want to change. He says this beautifully in the book when he points out that for everybody future is uncertain and unless we accept this uncertainty and declare a breakdown, we are not going to see better days.
Chairman, Manipal Group Education Services
Actions give you results; and you can take only those actions that are available to you or only those that you can see. Generative Leadership in Organizations will show you a new way of seeing and will enable you to see organizations newly as shaped by generative acts, based on the perspective that language is generative, and not just descriptive.
We take a stand for your success and have high regards for your needs and ensure that you fulfil them. The approach is not transactional, but transformational and our approach is a solid results driven approach.
The premise of this coaching program is that everyone is a leader; it is a conscious choice about how you choose to live and about how you be a leader at work, at home and in every area of your life.